The Office Depot Foundation grant cycle is now closed.
The Office Depot Foundation has been reviewing its grant making policies and procedures in a continued effort to best fulfill the Foundation’s mission. As a result, the Foundation is temporarily suspending its grant making process until further notice.
The Office Depot Foundation is pleased to work with organizations large and small to collaborate on programs and efforts that bring systemic change to the communities they serve. We thank you for the work you are doing in your local community. While we can not fund all the requests that come to us, we appreciate the opportunity to consider your grant proposal. The Foundation will give first consideration to applicants that:
- Submit proposals that represent collaborations between two or more nonprofit organizations and/or other partners. In other words, the Foundation encourages projects in which two or more nonprofit organizations – or a nonprofit organization and a school, a business or a government agency – work together to accomplish a goal or serve a need.
- Provide proof of disaster planning.
- Participate in the Office Depot Foundation’s annual Weekend in Boca Civil Society Leadership Symposium.
- Utilize the Office Depot Foundation Caring Connection to recruit volunteers or to track volunteer activities/hours.
Grant Making Guidelines
The Foundation will NOT consider requests for:
- Event sponsorship (including walk-a-thons)*
- Fashion Shows
- Gift Certificates
- Office Supplies or Printing
- Deficit Financing
- Religious organizations that do not serve the general public on a non-denominational basis
- Travel Expenses
- Project Graduation
- Organizations whose chief purpose is to influence legislation or to participate or intervene in political campaigns on behalf of or against any candidate for public office
- Political, labor or fraternal organizations.
- Medical procedures for individuals.
- Books, research papers or articles for professional journals
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin or physical disability.
- Capital Campaigns
* The Office Depot Foundation prefers to support programs rather than galas and similar events.