News Alert: Office Depot Foundation Sends Relief Supplies to Louisiana in Partnership with Feed the Children
Click here to learn more.
Not If…But When
From its inception in 1994 as the Office Depot Disaster Relief Foundation, the Office Depot Foundation has clearly understood the often-devastating impact that a natural disaster can have on individuals, nonprofit organizations, small businesses, communities and even entire nations. And make no mistake… disasters WILL happen; it’s just a question of when.
Through the years, the Foundation’s philosophy has evolved from one that viewed disasters as isolated events to one that acknowledges the full spectrum of a disaster’s life cycle – from preparedness, to immediate relief when a disaster strikes, to short-term recovery and long-term rebuilding.
The Office Depot Foundation’s strategic priority of “Helping communities prepare for disasters, as well as recovering and rebuilding afterwards” includes the following disaster-related initiatives:
- National Disaster Help Desk for Business (1-888-MY-BIZ-HELP)
- Leadership of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Corporate Citizenship Center’s Business Disaster Assistance and Recovery Program
- Resources for disaster preparedness, recovery and rebuilding through the Office Depot Foundation website
- Disaster-specific relief, recovery and rebuilding efforts
- Disaster assistance grants for Office Depot associates